Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FINALLY Get To Try My Isadora Crackle Polish+And Another Halloween Mani!

With Halloween only days away, I'm trying to get in as many Halloween mani's as possible!

This is NYX Red Red, stamped with Konad black special polish, fauxnad IP T23. (Edit: btw: red red isn't a typo-thats truly the name!! Here's a new pix - slightly better image so you see the stamping a little better...)




The pix aren't the greatest here but if you click on them-you'll see stamping and crackle better!

I was lucky enough to acquire Isadora crackle polish via a swap a few months ago, but wasn't able to use as my fellow swapper didn't receive their end of until recently (almost 2 months in transit!!) and good swapper etiquette calls that you don't use polishes until all received in good condition.



I thought the crackle would add an eery touch to this Halloween mani so added it to a couple of accent nails...I also think it would look awesome for a full mani for a vampy look for any Halloween costume! When applying the crackle, you need to apply it fast. A thin coat produces fine lines and a thicker coat creates a wider gap. It crackles almost instantly and dries matte-what you are seeing has a coat of SV on top.

While I was lucky enough to get this via a European swapper, it seems OPI is coming out with some crackle polish via the Serena Williams set, and I know I'll be stocking up ..... I'm sure my DD can't wait to use this either-the colour combos will be endless!

Oh, and before I forget, just before I removed yesterday's green Halloween mani, I applied a coat of Essie Matte About You....just another variation of the same mani-it was kinda cool!



Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!