Saturday, January 22, 2011

OPI Shatter!

I think the crackle of OPI Shatter is so cool! I felt very fortunate that I was able to swap for Barry M and P2 crackle in the fall and right after they arrived, it was announced that the Katy Perry for OPI collex (and Serena Williams) would have a crackle polish in them!


Above pix has been top coated with SV.


This pix is no topcoat; matte finish.


Used Color Club Pink Lust, Tangerine Scream and Volt of Light.

Here's my right hand...as I'm right handed, I knew I'd never be able to paint three colours even somewhat decent so just stuck to one colour....CC Pink Lust, then one thin coat of OPI shatter, then first pix is with one coat of SV.





Tip: If you are looking for lots of thin crackle like my mani shows (mainly), apply a thin coat. If you want a crackle with bigger chunkier pieces, apply a thicker coat. Only one coat is needed...it cracks fast and is very neat to watch before your eyes! One coat of SV made the mani smooth; but if you are doing a thicker crackle, two coats of topcoat may be needed (but beware of SV shrinkage... :( Be sure to apply on dry polish only!


Got this at my local Trade Secrets...the shatter seems to be selling fast so if you are looking for it, be quick!

And this is the final reminder that my first giveaway ends at midnight on January 22nd! Please enter here for details!


So what's your thoughts on shatter? Cool or not so much....

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I personally love crackle polishes. The effect of the polish is great and it's never the same. It's interesting to see what the next manicure will look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome I must pick one up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with the Crack, and I love your look the best out of all the ones I've seen! I think I'm gonna have to copy this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love crackle finish! Over multi-colour...great idea! I'm wearing Barry M's crackle polish right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!