Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lise Watier Festive Chic

A couple weeks ago, I was walking through the cosmetic section at Sears and seen the new Lise Watier collection on display. It includes two polishes; Festive Chic caught my eye so I bought a bottle.



This polish is seriously gorgeous...not sure if it translates well in the pictures as the finish looks gritty versus the gorgeous shimmer that's in the polish, but gorgeous this polish is.





I wasn't sure what I wanted to stamp on it; ultimately decided upon China Glaze OMG using SdP 30. Not sure if this was the best choice, but the mani kinda looked funky cool anyway. Unfortunately, this camera lighting option reallllly gives me lobster hands lol! Thank goodness they aren't this red looking in real life!



After I had this polish about a week, I read that it was selling for $14 a bottle versus the regular $12 as the two polishes had a built in light. I never noticed this when I bought it; I checked my bottle when I got home and sure enough, it's there.



I had seen the rounded notch in the bottle when I bought it, but honestly thought it was just a way to better grip it...honestly! There's a little rubber button on the top of the lid you press in to turn it off and on.

My two cents is that I'd rather keep the $2 I paid extra for the light and put it towards my morning Timmies....the light served no purpose for me in fact, the way my polish station is set up, its more of a hindrance...this is why....



My main lighting is in front of my table; when I'm polishing the light casts a shadow on my nail (this is a pix of me faux polishing but you get the drift anyway)...hardly helping me do my nails....plus I don't know many people that polish their nails in the dark and need a light to apply it better anyway! On the plus side, I was impressed by the amount of light such a little light cast...I'll have to keep this in mind if the power goes off when I'm doing my nails....I'll keep my Lise Watier bottle at the ready to guide me to the candles!

Here's Festive Chic beside OPI La Boheme....not dupes by any means....but probably La Boheme is probably the closest polish I have to Festive Chic in my stash.



I bought my bottle at Sears but have since seen them at Shoppers Drug Mart. Retail for $14; built in flashlight included!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Your nails are beautiful.
    Kisses
    Tata-nadaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani look amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nail polish flash light... huh! Haha! I've never checked out Lise Watier polishes, but that one looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet color!! I am desparately lemming for any of the OMG polishes :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lordy with the lights inside the caps (because sometimes you just want to paint in the dark?!) -- it's such a lovely color though, makes up for the weird marketing choices :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!