Thursday, March 22, 2012

Not Sure About This One...

I got into my head that somehow a gray and yellow mani would look cool...?....seen my recently purchased OPI Ballet collex and FingerPaints Gumdrops & Lollipops collex sitting there, so I thought...why not?



Here's the base. Two coats of FingerPaints Lemon Sour. The polish was a little on the thick side but nothing a few drops of thinner didn't fix. Accent is one coat of Orly Mirror Mirror with two coats of OPI My Pointe Exactly. I know this may seem redundant to use a base for this very jelly polish, but I wanted to have a little coverage before it was added. The OPI did add a whole different element of glossiness to the gray; not sure if it translates well in the pix though...or if it really mattered because I stamped on top of it anyway!



Stamped using Konad black special polish using Big SdP M.



Urgghh...this mani is one of a string of stamping fails I've had recently as I've been missing the stamping all the way down to the tips plus along the curve at the tips of my some nails but I've been especially messing up the index finger lately. So I took a fine tip brush and just added in the lines down past the tips....somewhat. Looking at some of these pix, it seems I still missed a few spots. *sigh* Anyway, added a few white dots in the centre of the flowers using Konad white special polish.



Then a few yellow dots using the FingerPaints Lemon Sour on the accent nail and then topped with a coat of SV.



I'm still on the fence about this one. It does seem a little busy but I don't think I mind it..maybe? I guess its OK, but I don't think I'll be rushing to do another yellow and gray mani anytime soon...but it was cool for a change!

Thanks for looking!

PS: I'm still working on the Giveaway post...I've typed a draft but still need to edit it...should be soon though!

21 comments:

  1. I think the color combination looks really good!
    It's very cute for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combination. love your manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too busy at all, and the dots in the center really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this! I like the combo of yellow and grey :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! That yellow is so pretty and who doesn't like a gray! I also think that the stamping is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Grey and yellow go together so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this looks amazing! Grey and yellow is one of my favorite color combos and the flowers are perfect for spring. I don't think this is too busy at all, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love grey and yellow together! It's a win for me!

    Maybe a dot of grey in the middle of one of the yellow nails flower's would give you a balance you might need? idk - it's good to me like I said :) *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't be on the fence! It's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks awesome, it's a great retro combo and looks crazy smart -- brava!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me so much of my old high school uniforms-- grey and yellow plaid kilts. Yeah, I just stuck with the grey pants! But I do love that stamp (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Yellow black and gray are a great combo and I think popular for this spring & summer! I've seen several adorable sundresses with this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving the yellow nails-but am not sure about the grey one-I don't think there are any grey flowers are there? But the yellow ones are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this looks great. I love the yellow and gray combo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks great! I did a yellow and grey mani last spring with a yellow base and grey crackle on top...nowhere near as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oohhh i love it !! the best mani!

    ReplyDelete
  18. its looks quite nice..the flaws r only showing coz u wrote about them..but I soo love this combi..I havnet been able to find a grey shade for me yet :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!