Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Milani Beach Front

It's late Tuesday evening as I type of this post...it was the Civic Holiday weekend here in Ontario and I decided to take off Tuesday and stayed up in cottage country....so my long weekend, turned into an extra long weekend.  The weather was fantastic...if not even too hot.  Spent time out on the lake, went tubing for the first time (and probably my last time...at least I can say I've done it, right?)  The family went home last night and today, I had a me day.  Went to a local hairdresser, got a much needed, long overdue haircut with some fresh highlights, and then had a pedicure later in the afternoon.  Decided to stop by the local Urban Planet...and low and behold, they are now selling Nabi nail polish for 2/$5. They had lots of magnetics and good selection of metallics and glitters.  I picked up a few metallics as I'm curious to see how they''ll work for stamping.  I'm doing my nails right now using one of the Nabi glitters, but while I happen to have internet access, thought I'd type out a quick post. 

Here's a mani from the archives when I did a bunch of blue manis for tribute nails for a nail gal pal.  Here's one I came up with.


Started with a base of Milani Beach Front, two coats.


Stamped with W212 using Konad royal purple special polish. Messed up the stamping a couple of times as you can see...and didn't do a great job placing the stamp either.  It's one of those funny images I never quite know how to use.  Did OK on the thumb; the rest aren't that good though.


Added a few random white dots. 


Lastly, added some silver glitter to hide my stamping mistakes (as seen in first pix).  I failed with the silver glitter application too...far too heavy handed.  Oh, well, it's only polish, right? lol!

The only terrible thing about extra long weekends...is that they must come to an end.  I'm heading back to work in the morning...but it was a fantastic extra long weekend while it lasted!

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!