Monday, January 7, 2013

Digit-al Dozen: Art, Day 1

This month's theme for the Digit-al Dozen is Art. This is a very hard challenge for me...I'm not into art AT ALL.. and I have no appreciation for art in any form whether its sculpture, paintings...or whatever other art forms there are...unless it's nail art...lol...the only pieces I'm familiar with are those of the Group of Seven (only because it was a school trip to the local McMichael Art Gallery)....and any extremely famous paintings such as The Mona Lisa...and even then, I'd be hard pressed to name the painter.....

Anyhoo, I'm going to apologize in advance for the next five posts as I don't think they are going to be very fantastic...and probably hard pressed to be a form of art...but here's the first one I came up with.

Picture051-2

Started with a base of two coats of Borghese Rapido Chroma, no topcoat (apparently, I didn't take a pix of this all by its self). Stamped using Konad white special polish using A30.

Picture008-2

For a little funky interest, added random glitter fished from Candy Lacquer Holiday Ornaments.

Picture011-2

Here's a bottle pix of Holiday Ornaments

Picture022-2

Topped with SV.

Picture053-2

A pix in natural daylight, but it was overcast.

Picture066-2

Those with any appreciation for art...does this pass at least?  Here's to hoping the rest of them resemble art of some variety.

Thanks for looking!

(I'm on my daughter's computer posting this and it is super slow...I'll be updating the post with a few links to the other ladies posts later.)

Edited to add links!

6 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic and very arty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh i love what you did with that glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different color glitters on this! I'm not big into art either - so this week was hard for me also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understood art either. But these are some pretty funky cool nails!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!