Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Digit-al Dozen: Art, Day 2

Did I mention that I'm not too much into art?  For a little inspiration, I did some Googling and a few of the images that were found in the search results were related to Egyptian art, so I thought, why not?  Here's what I came up with.

Picture040-2

A lot of the Egyptian art that I seen is on a beige/sand coloured base but when I went looking through my stash, I decided I wanted to jazz it up a little, yet at least be in the beige/sand family (somewhat!), so started with a base of China Glaze It's My Turn; this is three coats, no topcoat. 

Picture003-2

Added images using D23 (both images on thumb), H25 (top image on index) VL 006 (bottom line image on index), FUN 2 (ring), OMG Nails unnamed XL plate (pinky) and Blink H43 (middle) using black Konad special polish.

Picture012-2

When I was browsing Egyptian art pix, I noticed that occasionally there were bright turquoise and orange-ish accents so I chose these colours for a few accent dots; Color Blast by Orly Ablazing Aqua and Konad Gold/Brown special polish.

Picture013-2

Topped with SV to finish.

Picture042-2

I thought this turned out pretty cool!  I wished there were more Egyptian images available like King Tut's mask and a few others....but was happy that at least there were enough to squeak out a mani with some improvising and artistic liberties!

Thanks for looking!

Here's the other ladies art! These gals are so creative!!


7 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cool! I think it is perfect for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love it, it is spot on gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a clever idea! You pulled this off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a weird and very real fascination with ancient Egypt. I feel I had a past life there. I even bought a book on how to read hieroglyphics. So am loving this mani. And now embarrassed that I told you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!