Monday, January 14, 2013

Light Over Dark

This weeks FB Adventures in Stamping challenge was light stamping over dark.  Here's what I came up with.

Picture239-2

Started with a base coat of New York Summer Hot Purple, three coats, no topcoat.

Picture203-2

This is two coats for comparison.  I probably could have left at two coats if I wasn't taking pix as it did have pretty good coverage IRL and the VNL wasn't as obvious.

Picture195-2

Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Hex Appeal.

Picture213-2

This is Hex Appeal bottle pix.

Picture205-2

Stamped with light gray Konad special polish using VL 001.  I chose this image specifically so the glitter from Hex Appeal would be visible underneath.

Picture219-2

While I didn't mind the look of this, I decided to add random flowers on top using pink Beautiful Scratchers special polish using XL F; topped with SV.  Even with the additional flowers, you can still see the glitter underneath which was cool!

Picture231-2

I got my bottle of KBShimmer from Harlow & Co. as KBShimmer does not offer international shipping of nail polish.

Hope you had a great weekend....thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. I love this and the jelly base! Looks like an ocean to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to stamp over the glitter. Great idea. I like how you used the plaid design first and then the flowers over that. It reminds me of a garden. Like a trellis with the flowering vines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That base color is calling my name!!! This is awesome. It is so hard to double stamp and have them complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeheee HEX appeal. *sigh* oh I've been gone too long. This is a really awesome manicure! I need to do more light over dark because I totally dig this effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, New York Summer Hot Purple is a stunning color! i've never heard of that brand before. first time stopping by your blog, great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!