Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Digit-al Dozen;Tape Mani's, Day 3

It's back to Digit-al Dozen mani's this week; I have a few mani's finished but unfortunately, haven't been able to post them due to being too busy or having no internet due to storm systems.  Then, I finally got some time...and the internet is working.... then Blogger was being an arse, giving me an error code to my posts and wouldn't let me add any text or do any type of editing to the pix...anyway, I seem to have figured it out, so finally joining the group posts today!  Here's what I came up with.


Started with a base of two coats of Layla Softouch Effect 06, topped with SV.  (Those in FB Adventure's in Stamping will know that this weeks challenge was doing a mani using the colour of your birthstone...I have an August birthday, my stone is peridot and this is the start of the mani I did for the challenge...just didn't get around to posting it!)


Stamped using white Konad special polish using Cheeky Jumbo 10 Plate, Happy Hands.  (I topped the mani with SV and wore it for a day like this, but as this post has so many pix, no pix shown at this time. )


The next day for the Digit-al Dozen tape challenge mani, I added various pieces of tape over the stamped base and then applied Color Club Pink Flame to the tape void area.  This green and pink combination is one that I love and I wear this colour combination fairly often; although, I'm not sure how many of the mani's have been posted though!  


My taping skill (lack thereof, actually!) is to be desired so the end result wasn't the best.  The pink on the index finger is all blotchy as I nicked the pink while putting tape on the middle finger so just brushed over top of it to fix. And, well, you can clearly see the rest of the mistakes!

Once Pink Flame was dry, stamped using white Konad special polish and added a row of hearts and lips from plate SdP 120.


I got to looking at my nails now and thought the mani is looking a little off as there is stamping only on two fingers and decided more stamping was needed.  I decided to see if  I could challenge myself and get some itty bitty stamping onto those itty bitty pink stripes on the index finger; so added stars from SdP 49 and a flower from SdP 77; also added a couple more flowers from SdP 77 to the pinky. I was surprised that I was able to get a few images on somewhat OK on that thin pink strip!


Topped with SV to finish.


This actually turned out better than I thought; a little on the girly side and really on the busy side...but that is pretty typical of my nails!  It was a good time saver that I was able to use a mani for two challenges, too!

Here's the other Day 3 mani's of the Digital Dozen; again, so much talent in this group!







Thanks for looking!



6 comments:

  1. I really love your nail art!!! You are Amazing!
    Kisses
    Timeless Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast between the colours you choose. Really good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is soo cool! i just got that layla last week and i neeeeeeed to wear it STAT! and with pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colors in this! So perfect together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!