Friday, October 25, 2013

Freddy Krueger (and Vote Over at Harlow & Co!)


I'm not terribly into scary movies and have to admit that I've never seen any of the A Nightmare on Elm Street movies.  For some reason, I thought they were associated with Halloween but when I googled it to get some insight into Freddy, discovered they are just scary movies and not really tied around Halloween at all (other than later released movies). So I'm going to go with Freddy is a pretty scary guy and Halloween can be pretty scary, so I'm going to post this as part of Halloween mani's anyway; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of NYX white, topped with SV (no pix as there's enough in this post and nothing haven't posted before!)  Stamped using red and black Konad speical polishes using Sugar Bubbles SB010 (thumb), SB008 (index), Apipila P.02 (middle) SB001 (ring) and Chez Halloween 001 (pinky).  I'm not even 100% sure that the image on the index finger is Freddy appropriate, but it looked gruesome and seemed that it should fit, so used it!


Added bats to the ring finger from an image on BM305 and red splatters from Apipila P.02.


Just thought I'd share a couple pix....here's the itty, bitty bat image that was stamped three times on the small end of the double ended Konad stamper....aka, anyone who says stamping takes no skill can go suck it!



A small portion of Apipila P.02 was stamped and placed numerous times for the splatter around the index and ring fingers.  My intent was to keep it off the face but I messed up at bit on the thumb (aka, have no stamping skill!), then tried to remove it which I think made it worse.  In restrospect, I should have left it because blood splatter on the face of Freddy is probably appropriate!  Anyway, it's only obvious in macro!



A closer look at a few plates used.

Sugar Bubbles SB010.


Sugar Bubbles 001


Sugar Bubbles 008


Topped with SV to finish.




Lastly, a collage of Freddy's!



I finished this mani the night before the Harlow & Co. Halloween mani contest ended so decided to enter it here.  There are lots of fantastic entries and please vote for your favourite!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Loving that plate with the dude from Hellraiser on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Freddy was my first horror movie love? It used to terrify me but I had to watch them all. Good thing I don't suffer nightmares much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mani!! very creepy with the 'blood' splatter !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!