Thursday, May 15, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Decades; Day 4

Have you enjoyed DD decade challenge so far?  I know I've said it before, but it always amazes me the creativity the other ladies come up with for their mani's...I feel I barely keep up!

Anywhoo, every mani I want to do for decades is using bright pops of colour and thought that wasn't very imaginative so decided to go for something a little different for this one.  This decade is the 50's; I went with black and white on the basis of black and white TV back in the day.  If I'm being honest, I was going to do Elvis but I'm pretty sure there will be another lady doing Elvis at some point this week (here's looking at you, Laurie!) so decided on something a little different. Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and one coat of FingerPaints Black Expressionism topped with SV (no pix).  Stamped using Konad white special polish and FUN black stamping polish using images from MoYou Back to the 50's-01.


Touched up some of the stamping with same polishes and added dots for filler.


Topped with SV to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 4 decades mani's!



Thanks for looking!




6 comments:

  1. Woo, black and white shows the true essence of this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The dots really take it to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So clever to do it in black and white! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pssshhh you definitely keep up! Your manicures are always flawless and so well thought out! Loving the black and white theme for the 50s and that retro TV set image is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!