Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Blue Valentine's

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought I'd share some themed mani's. Here's one I came up with not too long ago!



Started with a base of two coats of Different Dimension Wave if You Sea Me, two coats, no topcoat.


Before stamping, added two...yes...two layers of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I knew I would be stamping with white stamping polish and blues (and purples and reds for that matter) sometimes have a tendency to have the base colour bleed through so wanted and then effecting the stamping polish, so wanted to (try to) make sure I had a good shield of topcoat between the base and stamping.  


Stamped using SdP 10 with an accent of SdP 72 using Funky Fingers Gesso.


Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish....and held my breath to see if the white stamping would change colour....but it didn't!  Unfortunately, I don't know if it was because of the two coats of top coat in between or if this happen to be a base that doesn't have the issue as not every blue, purple or red do this.  But none the less, I was happy the white stamping held fast! 


Different lighting; can see a bit more of the shimmer in the base a little better.


A couple days after I did these nails, I was organizing my stash a bit and came across Sinful Colors Blue by You and thought it looked close to Different Dimension Wave If You Sea Me, so decided to do a comparison.


It's hard to compare as the light hitting the swatch sticks isn't the same but they aren't 100% dupes, they are thisssss close; the shimmer in the Sinful was more abundant and the shading is just a smidgen different. (Well, smidgen to me; there might be those who have a better eye for this who say they aren't even close!)  

Sinful Color on the left; Different Dimension on the right.


Different Dimension on top; Sinful Colors on bottom.



Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. Nice comparison! The double topcoat to keep the blue in its place is the kind of little detail I'd never think to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great manicure, I love that you used blue instead of "traditional" Valentine's Day colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!