Friday, October 30, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Halloween!

This weeks theme for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas is Halloween; how appropriate as it's tomorrow lol!  This is a pretty simple design by my favourite Halloween mani this year for sure!  Here's what I came up with!


This was my inspiration; a hand towel I bought a couple weeks ago at Marshalls!


Started with a base of two coats of Sinful Colors Burn Rubber; no topcoat.  This is a textured polish but unfortunately didn't have as much texture as I would have liked.  


Stamped using Born Pretty BP-L013 using Funky Fingers Gesso.


Added pumpkin faces using an image from Chez Halloween 002 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.  Considering this was a mani that I could not get the clear jelly stamper to work and I placed these images by regular stamping method, I was thrilled how well I lined them up; the middle is slightly off but other than that, I thought I did ok! (I couldn't understand why the stamper wouldn't work when I had used it so many times with no issues and then all of a sudden had problems; this is when I discovered if you roll the image with a good amount of pressure, it will pick up.  I retried this image and got it to work OK after that.)


Added a coat of top coat to finish.


Please excuse terribly bad cuticles, but this was my right hand; I think I lined it up better that my left hand lol!


Here's the other ladies Halloween mani's!



Thanks for looking!





2 comments:

  1. what a great halloween creation you have made! totally in love- with the nails and towel both !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!