Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sweater Nails!

A fairly new to me indie brand that I recently discovered thanks to review by Wondrously Polished, is Top Shelf Lacquer.  When I had been browsing Pinterest looking for inspiration for the theme last week, I came across a picture that I thought I could use.  I had more inspiration than nails for the theme but when I sat down to do my nails a couple nights ago, I remembered the pix I had seen on Pinterest and decided to do sweater nails, picking a perfect polish from Top Shelf Lacquer as the base.  This is what I came up with!


Started with three coats of Top Shelf Lacquer Blue Lagoon, no top coat.  Two coats gave good coverage except a little thin at tips probably from my application.  As I'm not a fan of VNL on me, added a third thin coat to make sure opaque.  


Added a layer of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.  


Stamped using MoYou Festive Collection-06 with Funky Fingers Gesso.


Finished with another coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.  I had visions that this was going to be another polish that the stamping polish changed colours from polish bleed through but was thrilled that the stamping stayed white as snow.  I can also let you know that there was no nail or skin staining when this was removed which can be concerning with blues sometimes.


Here's the pix on Pinterest that I used for inspiration.


Photo credit:  lapetitefashionista.blogspot.com.

Top Shelf Lacquer is avaialble via their shop here; they shipped internationally.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!