Friday, January 29, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas Does Films

Today is 40 Great Nail Art Ideas featuring films.  I thought about doing an actual movie and actually had plates set aside to do Monsters Inc. but went in another direction was films in general.  Monsters Inc. will have to wait for another time!  Here's what I came up with!


For the base, I decided to do the alcohol spray water marble; first time ever doing a water marble type of design!  It didn't turn out the best; the first nail I did was the index finger using hair spray but it hardly bubbled at all.  So I used a spray bottle of 70% alcholol that I keep on hand to clean my stamper heads and got better results.  There's room for improvement; including the cleanup; O M G!  Even though I used Girly Bits Border Patrol which helped a great deal, the backside of my fingers had a ton of polish on them still.  I guess when I watched tutorials, they used the stick to remove excess polish and I haven't mastered it well enough so had a lot of polish on a couple of fingers on the back.  Next time, I'll latex the fingers all around.  After I was done, I was like....why am I doing this anyway; there's image plates with these type of designs!  Anyway, I might do this again and see how it goes!  I used Cupcake Polish Down For The Count in the marble, which was over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  Accent is Funky Fingers Dark Knight.


After cleanup, but before top coat.


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.  I picked this gold holo for the water marble as it seemed to closest match the gold stamping polish that I was going to use, which was CND Gold Chrome.  It matched pretty good, I think!


Image plates used were Chez Delaney Cinema 001 (index and top figure on thumb), SdP 78 (middle), SdP 118 (pinky and lower image on thumb) and Canadian Nail Fanatic 001 with Fig Tree Stamps on ring which was stamped using CND Gold Chrome.  The rest of the images are stamped with Funky Fingers Dark Knight.  


Chez Delaney Cinema 001


Top coated with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.  I had only taken a few pix when I nicked my middle finger with a polish bottle; the very first pix was one of the few taken but not the best.  


I wanted to go glitz and glamour like the night of the Oscars, which I think this was achieved with this colour scheme!

Here's the other ladies film nails!




Have a great weekend; thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. Your mani is beyond beautiful! I love how you did the spray watercolor base. Terrific mani!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!