Friday, March 18, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Spring; Day 5

It's Day 5 of Digit-al Dozen week and I've been saving my favourite mani for last!  (Well, other than the fact I still have to post my Day 3 mani which is done, I just need to finish the blog post!).  

Years ago, the return of Canada Geese from migrating was the first sign that spring was around the corner.  But nowadays, they don't even fly south (at least where I live); they hang around all winter long.  So I always look out for the first robin as the start of spring and did a mani featuring an iconic spring figure here in Ontario; the arrival of the robin heralding that spring has officially arrived!


Started with a base of NYC Skyline Blue; this is two coats, no top coat.


Did a sponged gradient using Kiara Sky Skies the Limit and Angelacq Lacquer Spectrum Blue.


Top coated with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.

Added some clouds using Konad m79 with Funky Fingers Gesso.


After making a stamper decal using an image from Moyra Stamping Plate 14-Moments using acrylic paints, added a few branches. Note that the bird was initially shrunk using the Uber Chic Luxe stamper, then stamped again onto the Konad double ended stamper so I could make the decal so the image is reversed from what it is shown on the plate and smaller.


Moyra Stamping Plate 14 - Moments





Top coated with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


I still haven't seen any robins in my area yet even though Sunday is the first day of spring.  But we certainly have had our share of rain which is usually another indication of spring; hopefully it is just around the corner!

Here's the other ladies Day 5 spring mani's!


3 comments:

  1. I can totally see why these are your favorite! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the double stamping of the clouds and the branches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!