Thursday, June 16, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Rainbows; Day 4

For Day 4 of Digit-al Dozen rainbow challenge, I'm sharing a mani with all the colours under the rainbow! (Well, except the red is more pink but we allow our own individual interpretation of the theme so it's still good, right?).  Its a bit of a stretch but I did see some other DD ladies using pastels and neons earlier in the week so I guess I can too even thought I think I've been fairly literal with the theme so far.  Not that that's an issue; we can each interpret the theme as we wish and there's lots of flexibility; I just don't think I'm as creative as the rest! Haha! Here's what I came up with!



The night I did these nails, I had no particular thought or theme or colour or anything in mind...well, that's most nights lol!  So I was searching my stash looking for something that might strike me and came across KBShimmer Upside Round. It's fun and bright and colourful, perfect for our summer weather lately and its what stuck me that night.  So grabbed it and then decided it was going to be part of the mani, but had to come up with base colour(s).  My first thought was neon pink or skittles but then thought that if I use pink for example, then the pink glitter dots wouldn't show up.  So thought that the colours would pop on a black base, so did two coats of FunkyFingers Dark Knight topped with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Did an accent of KBShimmer Upside Road by applying it on a latex sponge then sponging it on until I was happy with the coverage.  


I wanted to stamp on dots in the same colours as the glitter dots so stamped using assortment of MdU polishes using an image from Delaney French A001....but it just wasn't what I was looking for (this is why I always do my right hand first; its my test hand!) with the main concern being I wanted a brighter pop of colour to match the glitter.  The thumb is MdU Neon Yellow for example; had it really stamped neon yellow, it would be golden, but...well, you see.  


Delaney French A001



So I thought how can I save this mani considering I already have an accent of glitter on my nails....so decided to do some glitter fishing and placement for a funky french with an orange stick using the same glitter from KBShimmer Upside Round.  Topped it with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 4 rainbow mani's!


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous and such a creative way to use those glitters. I love it!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!