Friday, September 22, 2017

Summer Hibiscus Nails!

Raise your hand if you're tired of me talking about what fabulous weather we've having for the last few weeks!!!  No worries if you are, but in case you care, it's still here!  I didn't do these nails in the last few weeks (when we've been having fabulous weather) but rather, did them the night after receiving my very first ever Polish Pickup order!  I ordered from the July 2017 theme of Cocktails & Mocktails even though the monthly themes have been available since April 2017 (unfortunately, they weren't on my radar until August for some reason!).  The assortment of polishes to chose from is phenomenal and what is really great about them is you don't have to take them all like other boxes.....gone are the days, when you bought an entire 'box' even thought you may have only wanted 1 or 2 polishes.  And the other great thing???  $3 shipping to Canada.  That's right, no typo there....a cool $3 flat fee shipping for us Canucks...that seriously is a great shipping rate and a great incentive for me to place an order no matter how large or small!  That same low shipping rate also applies to shipping in US and according to the website, international shipping is available at cost.   I can honestly say I'm patiently waiting for my August order to arrive....and plotting my September order; based on the inspiration pix and some photo's are just starting to be shared now!

While there were some fantastic polishes received from my order, the one that caught my eye immediately was Polish M Ripped in Rio De Janeiro and I decided to use it right away; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats each of China Glaze I Just Cant-alope with accents of Polish M Ripped In Rio De Janeiro.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using images from MoYou Trend Hunter Collection 11 (pinky and index) and MoYou Flower Power Collection 22 (the rest).  I had planned on doing the same hibiscus flowers on all nails until I seen it wasn't going to fit well on the pinky, but think the lines were a nice contrast!  And love that you could still see the base peeking through the lines!


 MoYou Flower Power Collection-22


 

 MoYou Trend Hunter Collection-11


 Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Decided to add a couple studs that I had painted with the Polish M on the pinky and index.  I love that I can paint studs to annnnnyyyyyyyy colour I want for accenting!


 Finished it off with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


 Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Painted studs--haven't seen that before, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to do it but could never get the paint to stick, or half it peeled off or puddled when I went to use them. Someone had commented on one of my posts that they stick them to the sticky lint roller to paint them; they don't move and voila! Works like a charm! I do it all the time now when I want matchy-matchy!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!