Friday, January 12, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does All That Glitters; Day 5

It's day 5 of the Digit-al Dozen all that glitters challenge!  I hope you've seen some of the other ladies mani's during the week; there has been some fabulous and creative nails posted!  This is my day 5 mani; it was sheer accident how it came to be.  I was going through a box of polishes looking for another polish that I had ordered in the fall, and as I was wading through them, these two were sitting side by side like just an inspiration that they were meant to go together!  The funny thing is the polish that I used for a stamping polish isn't even a stamping polish but when I seen them together I thought, hmmm, I'm going to try to use it as the colours go so well together!  And it worked pretty good, there's even itty bitty glitter in it which is how these nails came to be for day 5!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of three coats of Salon Perfect Icy Haute, no top coat.


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using an image from FUN 21 using Missha Crystal Polish HBR01.  This is a regular polish, holographic packed with fine glitter in clear base but so packed, it would be opaque in a couple coats.  I sampled this with other images; the lines have to be fairly thick to pick up well due to the fine glitter in the polish.  This image from FUN 21 worked out well!


FUN 21



Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


When I was searching for some loose glitter for this weeks challenge, I rediscovered these coil copper studs and think they go perfect with these nails!


I blew up a couple of the nails to show that yes, there is glitter in these nails to make them challenge appropriate! Hopefully you can see some peeks of holo too in the stamped image; in real life, it was obvious!


It's not often these type of polishes stamp well due to that fine glitter but the stamping turned out great!


Love this picture!


Here's the other ladies day 5 mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Hopefully you have enjoyed this month's mani's....thanks again for looking!


1 comment:

  1. The regular polish worked so much better than a thick opaque stamping polish -- LOVE these!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!